- Assist the Director of F&B to manage the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of high standard quality of food and beverage product, guest services, employee satisfaction and achievement of departmental revenue and profit goals.
- Adhere to local regulations concerning FSMS / HACCP, health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
- Assist in supervising the function of all Food and Beverage employees, facilities, sales and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved
- Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, in order to optimize the following:
- Quality levels of product and service
- Guest satisfaction
- Merchandising and marketing
- Operating costs
- Sanitation and cleanliness (hygiene)
- Outlet Maintenance
- Coordinates and supervise the preparation, presentation and service of food products to ensure the highest quality at all times
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations
- Assist in coordinating pricing and preparation of menus, beverage and wine lists by taking into consideration such factors as:
- Local requirements
- Market needs
- Potential costs
- Availability of Food and Beverage products
- Merchandising and promotions.
- Coordinates to determine the minimum and maximum Food and Beverage par stocks and Food and Beverage items in accordance with quality and quantity standards
- Daily and weekly Food and Beverage meetings relating to, but not limited to, the following:
- Overall Food and Beverage financial results and profitability
- Projected business
- Operations results and problems
- Changes in procedures
- New management policies
- Quality improvement
- Sales improvement
- Productivity improvement
- Attends all other meetings as required by the administrative calendar
- Keeps and up-to-date standard recipe file for all Food and Beverage items to include:
- Sales history
- Sales mix
- Actual costs
- Potential costs
- Par stock
- Production time
- Assist in implementing a daily, weekly and monthly checklist for all Food and Beverage departments. Ensures proper follow-up to attain maximum quality and efficiency
- Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in Food and Beverage preparation and service in the hotel and restaurant field through trade literature and actual visits
- Interacts with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, clients, suppliers, government officials, competitors and other members of the local community
- Assist Outlet Manager on manpower planning and management needs
- Involve in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned by the management from time to time
The Pullman promise is built around its three values: commitment, adaptability and creativity, and these are orchestrated throughout the hotel by a specific human resources and management policy:
- Body & Soul, the service attitudes model developed by Pullman
- Welcomer, Quality & Attitude Manager, Event Manager – some of the new Pullman professions
- A Pullman “school” of leadership, focusing on creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills
- Leadership Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field.
- 3 years related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience